10 Professional Wood Floor Maintenance Tips
Wood floors are a sure way to add value and comfort to your home, but constant maintenance is needed to maintain them in a perfect condition. Floor Care Dubai specialists offer their technical guidance to make sure those surfaces survive the time and check.
If you are looking to add hardwood floors to your home or need to take better care of the ones you have, now is the perfect time to test your knowledge of wood flooring. Find this your manual on how to preserve wooden floors.
- Like with every cleaning product, read the ingredients before you order to make sure it fits the surface. A foolproof way to stop wood from getting damaged? Our specialist helps you pick the right item for floors with various finishes.
- To help supplement dust and protect the floors from scratching, apply felt protectors to the furniture legs. Remove them as necessary, because over time, they will wear down and become less reliable. For seating that slides around regularly, for example, kitchen and dining chairs, remove the protective every week.
- The one must-have decoration piece with tile flooring is a rug if you want an excuse to buy. As a decorating item and floor protector, it can do double duty.
- Place the platform shoes at the threshold, and tap the boots to avoid puncturing the floor. When at it, start implementing a no-shoe policy that will keep things extra tidy for all forms of apparel.
- Write down that, and for a lifetime, the floors should remain in perfect shape: first dry, second wet. To avoid dirt from scratching the floor when you damp mop, fresh-cleaning (or "dry-tacking") is necessary first. When you don't first pick up the mess, it's literally like dragging sandpaper around the concrete.
- The ocean-kissed shimmer on the skin looks fantastic but not on wood floors. Locate surfaces once a quarter (do not forget to peep under rugs too), and recommend a clear top coat if there is any discoloration.
- It is important to note that flooring is natural, and the weather will affect them. While there is no need to worry if you see any gaps grow between the boards during dry seasons if the board does not shrink back into place throughout wet seasons. A licensed wood flooring specialist will then brought in to determine the split. The easiest way to prevent lopsided gaps? In dry periods, using a humidifier and balance the heat.
- Get deep cleaning of your floors and install a fresh finish coat every four to five years. Assuming you know what kind of finish your levels already have (petroleum, powder, urethane) because you're going to have to reapply that kind.
- Everything you do withstands falling furniture. Enroll a partner and pick up things to get them going.
- Clean and laminate wood floors every few decades to make them look fresh again. Usually, over the projected lifetime, solid wood floors can be re-sanded five to ten times. The uniqueness of wood flooring is its capacity with a fresh finishing coat and a thorough cleaning to look like new if you are not sure if it is time for a different end.
Also, read Cleaning Post-Renovation The Best Way To Do It.
The chipboard may look like hardwood slabs or physical-stone tile, but as a laminate, you do have to take care of it. The excellent news: a laminate floor can get very little damage,
However, the slabs are designed in sun-and heat-resistant layers to retain a similarly-new look for years. It said it is critical that water not get below the tiles.
Last helpful tip from Dearing: Never paint a laminate board. When a plank finish looks broken, repairing it is safest and the reliable option.
Cleaning Company in Dubai prefers to use a steam cleaner to clean both the tile and the grout for regular deep cleanings. In essence, the steam does the job of eliminating contaminants (and microbes!), so you don't feel like you're getting an extra activity right at your house.
Let's Get in Touch:
Hire us and apply these wood and floor maintenance tips today.